Sunday, July 12, 2009

I need people!

So, it dawned on me today how much I need people in my life. It's no secret I am a people-person, and I know - from even a biblical standpoint - it's good to have people in your life who know you, you know them and you can feel real and honest.

TJ and I spent all weekend with various friends and their kids. It was great - and incredibly rejuvenating. Not like - you-mowed-the-lawn-in-112-degree-heat-then-plunged-into-an-ice-filled-tub refreshment, but the type of refreshment you get when chatting over a meal (my life revolves around food, we established this in a previous post) and dreaming/wishing about life, the future and the scary new adventures God pulls out of His sleeve. I don't know if God wears sleeves, but if he did they would be full of secret candy and magic tricks - just like at the circus. I know God will have some cool disappearing penny tricks for me when I get to Heaven, I just know. Or maybe he'll pull a poodle out of his hat for me....OOH even better.

Today after church we had some relatively new friends over for lunch (WW-friendly, OF COURSE) and it was fun chatting about what's in store for both of our families...it was neat. They also have a sweet 1 year old who kept me entertained as well. Tripod wasn't sure what she was.

As I was cooking dinner tonight I was thinking how neat it was to have spent lots of time with people. People who I love and who love me back. Yay for friendship, yay for love, yay! I feel thankful - so very very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment