Thursday, June 11, 2009

This ain't about you....

Blogging is so trendy. And here I am giving into to my own personal introspective peer pressure, starting it up again. I need to - sort of like I need to use my Neti Pot during allergy season - which is 11 months out of the year in North Carolina.

This is my 4th - two previous blogs I kept up with for a long time for two reasons:

1) The first blog was about weight loss and how I kept myself accountable to lose 40 pounds. People actually followed it and read it. And I would honestly make choices based on the fact that someone would read how I failed and ate 3 french fries.

2) The second blog was about struggling through work the past 3 years. It was honest and real, and really should be deleted in case anyone VP's from my workplace ever find it. Should they find it, it probably wouldn't be a terrible thing to discuss some of my experiences. I'm just not ready to be hauled off by men in white coats.

I blog (write, rather) to vent, it's my therapy. It helps me categorize and organized the lottery ping pong balls of thought that ricochet in my brain. Some days there are alot of these, some not so much. I get stuck on finding the right word(s) and have a hard time spitting my thoughts out. Contrary to what people may assume - it isn't the Leinenkugel's or insomnia talking, I really do slur my words naturally. Sad, I know.

So here it is.

My husband just graduated from seminary with his Masters of Divinity, and is subsequently looking for "a call". Our lives are probably going to turn inside out and tap dance all the way to Kalamazoo soon. I'm thinking I need to document how my bird brain deals with it - so I can look back and God's faithfulness (and sense of humor) and be encouraged. Hopefully a byproduct of my rants will encourage someone else.

I leave for vacation in 24 hours and I'm so excited - I feel like it's the night before Christmas and I asked for a new barbie jeep that I KNOW Santa is going to bring me because I already found the "secret present stash bag" and it had Barbie Jeep sunglasses in it. Of course, we didn't have Barbie Jeeps when I was a kid. Just big wheels in ugly yellow and red.

No comments:

Post a Comment